FREE Developer Edition
The Developer Edition is the perfect platform for building and testing your solution. It includes all of the robust functionality of Partner, Commerce and Enterprise Editions (except the content management application), but allows only 3 concurrent page requests and a single domain. This allows you to use Developer Edition to create extremely robust solutions that include the resident database, web services, shopping cart and credit card processing interfaces. Once your solution is ready to deploy, all you need to do is choose the appropriate license depending on the functionality you need!
* Access to the complete WebDNA language.
* Includes high speed internal database as well as industry standard SQL connections.
* SiteBuilder sites are automatically WAP-enabled to attract new wireless customers.
* True multi-platform support including Windows, Mac and UNIX.
* Upload product graphics right from a browser.
* Automatically index web sites for maximum search engine exposure.
* Integrated order management solution includes support for major payment authorization systems.
* Open integration including support for Java and other technologies.
* Incorporates XML/XSLT for integration with the latest XML technologies
* Integrated Development Environment (IDE 'Lab') with source editor (All Editions)
WebDNA 6.0 includes a web-based Integrated Development Environment, or 'Lab', that provides a cohesive development environment in a server-based solution. The IDE presents four distinct windows: a source editor window, a 'preview' window showing the rendered results of your code, a chat dialog window for interacting with team members, and a database editing window for dynamically creating database structure. Also included is a collection of tutorials containing descriptions and working sample code on all new WebDNA 6.0 features.
Main 6.0x features:
* SQL Support: supports direct connections to local or remote MySQL database servers.
* SiteBuilder: formerly ﾑStoreBuilder', SiteBuilder is a dramatically improved interface for building and managing a website.
* XML: full support for XML document parsing, including Xpath queries and the ability to validate XML documents not only for well-formed XML, but also for specific type, range, or enumeration against XSD schemas.
* XSLT: full support for XSL scripts and XSLT translation, allowing the ability to store and execute XSL transforms and bind them to WebDNA named variables to create libraries of translation scripts. XSLT support allows you to transform an XML document into a wide variety of filtered outputs, including the ability to define XSL transforms that actually generate WebDNA code, e.g., to take XML data and import it into a database.
* Array: a new context allowing web developers to use a multi-dimensional data types to store and process data in a local context where the added complexity of database is unnecessary overhead.
* Table: a new context for holding temporary data in a table form without utilizing a full database. This allows you to conveniently hold intermittent search results without the overhead of creating temporary databases.
* Scope: when used in conjunction with the function context, the new scope context provides the ability to define explicit range of scope for WebDNA variables. This allows for the definition of 'local' and 'global' scope, a key element of most mainstream programming environments. Together with the Function context, it is now possible to define a scope that is local to a function, allowing the construction of truly recursive function calls, allowing WebDNA templates that traverse arbitrary hierarchical data structures.
* Function: the new Function context allows a developer to build reusable business logic and utilize this in a form that is much more flexible that simply including code in-line in the form of macros. When used in conjunction with the new 'scope' context, this allows WebDNA programmers to build re-usable and component business logic in ways that do not collide with existing variable names.
* ISP Sandbox: While WebDNA has always supported the ability to host multiple web sites on a given server, the new ISP Sandbox allows each web site to have it's own secured folder access, users database, trigger definitions, e-mail settings and server, and administrative settings, providing a new level of flexibility on controlling access and configuration that was previously unavailable to multi-domain ISP solutions.
Requires an existing web server installation. Read the "About WebDNA" file for installation instructions.
* XP/2003/2008 Server
* Webservers: Supports PWS/IIS, WebSite
* OS X 10.5 Intel
* OS X 10.5 Intel with iTools 9 and Apache 2.2
* Sun Solaris (SPARC) 8
* Redhat Linux (Intel) 8.0/Enterprise
* Fedora 9 and 10x
* OpenSUSE 11
* CentOS 5.2
* Ubuntu 7 and 8
WebDNA will also run on older versions. Please contact us.