The WebDNA Server Module is a sophisticated unlimited domain website development application product that leverages the full line of WSC technoologies to create uniquely valuable and robust corporate websites.
WebDNA Server Module takes full advantage of WebDNA Version 6.0, a new iteration of WSC's Internet application generator. WebDNA has long been a favorite of eBusiness web developers for its ease of use, rapid learning curve, flexibility, performance, and support for multiple platforms including Mac OSX, Windows, Unix, Linux, and Solaris.
* Work Group Content Management
** CMS (Content Management System), RCS (Revision Control System), and CVS (Concurrent Version System), all rolled into one! **
The new WebDNA work group content management provides a robust version control system for web site development that is built around the concept of teams of people, or work groups, which have the privileges for modifying and updating areas of a website. Each work group can contain all or a subset of the overall website, with the ability to assign individuals to a work group and to define roles for each individual that defines their access rights to assets within that work group. The version control system supports full revision history and rollback, and includes a 'staging' area that serves as the central repository for approved changes and version history for website files. The CMS also supports multiple approval workflows, including 'any' or 'all' approvers in a workflow before submitted content can be "checked in" and deployed into the 'staging' work area. An approval workflow can be defined at any level of the staging work area, from a global approval for the entire staging work area, a folder of files, down to a unique approval workflow for an individual file.
* Web Services Wizard
The emergence of XML-based Web Services as a flexible, platform independent mechanism to publish and aggregate application business logic has opened up an opportunity for web site developers to leverage the benefits of business applications in a much broader environment. The WebDNA 6.0 Web Services Wizard is a web based application, written in WebDNA, that leads a web developer through a series of high level steps to search and identify an external Web Service, interrogate it for available interfaces, bind the Web Service's methods and attributes to WebDNA code, and ultimately generate all of the WebDNA code necessary to integrate that Web Service into a working web site. This 'wizard' allows a web developer to integrate a Web Service in literally minutes without any knowledge of how web services function. This process, if attempted manually, would otherwise require days or weeks of effort and a significant technical learning curve on many underlying technologies and XML-based protocols.
* Integrated Development Environment (IDE 'Lab') with source editor
WebDNA 6.0 includes a web-based Integrated Development Environment, or 'Lab', that provides a cohesive development environment in a server-based solution. The IDE presents four distinct windows: a source editor window, a 'preview' window showing the rendered results of your code, a chat dialog window for interacting with team members, and a database editing window for dynamically creating database structure. Also included is a collection of tutorials containing descriptions and working sample code on all new WebDNA 6.0 features.
Main 6.0x features:
* SQL Support: supports direct connections to local or remote MySQL database servers.
* SiteBuilder: formerly ﾑStoreBuilder', SiteBuilder is a dramatically improved interface for building and managing a website.
* XML: full support for XML document parsing, including Xpath queries and the ability to validate XML documents not only for well-formed XML, but also for specific type, range, or enumeration against XSD schemas.
* XSLT: full support for XSL scripts and XSLT translation, allowing the ability to store and execute XSL transforms and bind them to WebDNA named variables to create libraries of translation scripts. XSLT support allows you to transform an XML document into a wide variety of filtered outputs, including the ability to define XSL transforms that actually generate WebDNA code, e.g., to take XML data and import it into a database.
* Array: a new context allowing web developers to use a multi-dimensional data types to store and process data in a local context where the added complexity of database is unnecessary overhead.
* Table: a new context for holding temporary data in a table form without utilizing a full database. This allows you to conveniently hold intermittent search results without the overhead of creating temporary databases.
* Scope: when used in conjunction with the function context, the new scope context provides the ability to define explicit range of scope for WebDNA variables. This allows for the definition of 'local' and 'global' scope, a key element of most mainstream programming environments. Together with the Function context, it is now possible to define a scope that is local to a function, allowing the construction of truly recursive function calls, allowing WebDNA templates that traverse arbitrary hierarchical data structures.
* Function: the new Function context allows a developer to build reusable business logic and utilize this in a form that is much more flexible that simply including code in-line in the form of macros. When used in conjunction with the new 'scope' context, this allows WebDNA programmers to build re-usable and component business logic in ways that do not collide with existing variable names.
* ISP Sandbox: While WebDNA has always supported the ability to host multiple web sites on a given server, the new ISP Sandbox allows each web site to have it's own secured folder access, users database, trigger definitions, e-mail settings and server, and administrative settings, providing a new level of flexibility on controlling access and configuration that was previously unavailable to multi-domain ISP solutions.
Requires an existing web server installation. Read the "About WebDNA" file for installation instructions.
* XP/2003/2008 Server
* Webservers: Supports PWS/IIS, WebSite
* OS X 10.5 Intel
* OS X 10.5 Intel with iTools 9 and Apache 2.2
* Sun Solaris (SPARC) 8
* Redhat Linux (Intel) 8.0/Enterprise
* Fedora 9 and 10x
* OpenSUSE 11
* CentOS 5.2
* Ubuntu 7 and 8
WebDNA will also run on older versions. Please contact us.